2009-04-24

Week 2 at Bochum-part 2

Study at Bochum:




This week I started to go school by train, which Germany people called it “subway”. I only need to take 2 stop to my school.

Tell you something I was not in electrical team this week. (because I kick out by them haha just joking, because I went there for 4 months internship so I didn’t have a fix team or task).So this week I was in mechanical team.




This was what I did on last sat morning; we checked the motors of the car.

After being 1 week’s fresher, I had done some small tasks.

Firstly, I was doing test of carbon fiber with Michael (he was in the mechanical group, I think junrun should knew him more).



P.S: details will in my final report, as the theory will be quite boring, so I won’t show any theory in this blog. Sorry about that.



Secondly I went to Solar World Company with Armin to get the batteries from old solar car-“Hans Go”. We need the batteries to test the new car. This was our old solar car-“Hans Go”

Motor axis



Motor coil

Thirdly I went to Mr LÖebbe’s home with Armin and Alex to collect the new car’s motor, but unfortunately we had not got it due to some problems with the motor. So we need to go there again in few weeks later.

Then I had try to learn how to lamination the carbon fiber with foam and glass fiber to make parts of cars.(They show me how to make batteries box)

P.S: I will show the full details in my final report.

1. You need to make mixtures to smear on to the carbon fiber, foam and glass fiber.





I had try to mix the mixtures.

2. Then smeared the mixture to the carbon fiber.




3.After that smeared wax on to the model.





4.Follow by putting the carbon fiber in and repeat the step to put second

layer. Then place them nicely.





5. After that repeat the step again to put the foam and glass fiber.




8. Lastly you need to vacuuming it for 8hours.So I only can show you the product at next week.





Do you know how long did we take to finish the 2 batteries box? We took the whole day to complete.

So I had my first mechanical task, I need to do something with the car seat. Do you know what I need to do? Haha let me show you next week.




And finally I met with my professor Dr.Pauzke, he told me many thing about the project and also told that if I need any help can look for him.(he was very busy, until now I had the chance to met him).He was the main professor of the solar car project and in-charge of electrical parts. He told me that this project was a problem solving project, so that during the project the professor was just like a supervisor and all the things were done by students. So in this project you need to go and ask leader to give your tasks to do, instead of waited for people to ask you do something.

At the other hand I was learning the new software, “solid works”, which was similar to AutoCAD, but it can do more things. I think our ME teacher should teacher this software to their students. haha just joking





Haha Singapore Brand was also a world wide brand, this was a photo taken in a electronic shop.


Haha still remember last week I cooked my first spaghetti, this was my third time to cook that.Do you think I had make the improvement?

Things I had experience:

1. German people work hard during working time but they also playing hard when after work

2. They have efficiency meeting

3. There was no fix working time for the project group,what you need to do is just finish before the deadline

4. They like to have exercise at evening

5. German people like to have green plants in their home

Oh that was a long report, I think I should stop here. (it was too long so I put it into 2 parts)By the way told you some good news, I get my new visa till Aug. With the new Visa I could travel to whole European Union, and this weekend I will go Netherlands oh. haha enjoy your weekend see you next week. Tschüs(it means bye)



No comments: