2009-04-24

Week 2 at Bochum-part 1

YoYo I’m back again, look at the calendar, this was my second week in Bochum. I miss you people, did you miss me? Meanwhile I would like to tell my parents don’t need to worry about me, I’m fun and enjoy the new environment---老爸老妈别担心你的儿子很好很想念你们,你们要自己照顾好自己哦.



Life at Bochum:

Last Sat I went to water-skiing with Armin and Michael after our project work, which was my first time playing this kind of sports. That was a nice and exciting game.(can you imagine play this game in 17-20 degrees.COLD!)






That was what we do after waterskiing; we went to a bar which near the river. Ya mine was the smallest cup and mix with orange juice, but I still cannot finish. (Need more training)





I went to Deutsches Bergbau-Museum by myself at Sunday.Of course this time I go there by the train.






This was the east Germany train(but now it travel in whole Germany).

In front of Museum (the photo was taken by a German Girl).

Deutsches Bergbau-Museum in Bochum (DBM) was the most important mining museum in the world and a highly acclaimed research institute for the history of mining and metallurgy, it located near to Bochum centre station.

These photos show the mining history of Ruhr area. (At past the heavy industry was very important in Germany)






Old mining method


Drill machine



Different types of ores.



There was an underground which is 20 meters below the museum. Visitors can discover a faithful reproduction of the circumstances underground in iron ore and hard coal mining. I guessed this was the reason why Germany is good at heavy industry.



On the top of the building.



We went to Mr LÖebbe’s home to collect our new motor.


These were Mr LÖebbe and me, we were holding the new motor’s coil.

Mr LÖebbe was a “crazy” guy. Haha don’t misunderstand, the “crazy” means he did something which may impossible to us. That was reason why he like to say that “Nothing is impossible” (sounds like adidas advertisement).Let me show you some photos, after that you may get what I mean.




This chain was made by 1 piece of wood.by Mr LÖebbe.He finish within few hours



He used the electrical equipments to produce a high frequency between two big aluminum coil, so when the light bulb touched 1 of the coil the high frequency will flowed through the light bulb, but the glass of the light bulb was an insulator so the high current could not flow through, so it produced the purple light.

Can you see something between his finger and the coil. That was his magic. haha



Haha look at me, this was my show time.



I was waiting for my lunch.Hungry…….(ya forget to tell you something German students had no fix kunch time, so if sometime they busy do something, their lunch may became their dinner)



That was also my first time to have lunch at German people’s home. Does it look nice? (haha honestly said it was nice but lack of meat, because I’m a carnivore)




We also went to his garden and his bees’ house:


Nice garden






These were the “doors” for bees to enter the house.



Am I look like a beekepper?



The red color guy was Mr LÖebbe and the 1 beside him was his mother.





And this week I also went to Dortmund, which was a big city near Bochum, but I didn’t have time to go walk and round as I was going to buy some electronic items with Armin and Alex. (but I will go again so don’t worry I will show you more photos about Dortmund)



Texi station





Dortmund Hbf(That means main station)




Dortmund Street




No comments: