2009-08-07

Week 17 at Bochum

Week 17, Hmmm…Time was so fast, we were already counting down for the days, 10 more days to go, and I will see my friends. Meanwhile I was starting to miss this place.

Let’s back to my life, last weekend I went to my last trip at Europe which was the famous city-Paris.



Paris was the capital of France and also was the largest city. It is situated on the river Seine, in northern France. Paris was one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. Haha, that was also the reason why I put it as my last station.

My first attraction was Notre Dame de Paris



Notre Dame de Paris was a Gothic cathedral on the eastern half of the Île de la Cité in the fourt arrondissement of Paris. It was among the first buildings in the world to use the flying buttress.



Inside of Notre Dame de Paris

P.S: Maybe I had seen too much church in Europe, and I could reaaly find much different haha


After that I went to the most famous landmark of Paris-Eiffel Tower

The Eiffel Tower was an iron tower built during 1887-1889 on the Champ de Mars beside the Seine River in Paris. The tower had become a global icon of France and was one of the most recognizable structures in the world.

It was 324 meters high, equivalent to about 81 stories in a conventional building. It weighs 7300 tones. Every 10 years they will do a maintaining for the tower.



Did this part of the tower looks like a Leg of a woman wearing stocking



That was really great feeling to go up of the tower, I had see the over view of the whole city. Haha actually I couldn’t believe I had been here, as I had only saw all these famous places in TV or magazine, but now I had been here. That was cool man!

Do you know what the distance between the Eiffel Tower and Singapore is?

Let me tell you.



Ya man 10745km

Then how about Shanghai?



Haha ya 9285km

Of course how could I miss another famous iron- Arc De Triomphe



Arc de Triomphe was a monument in Paris, France's position in the center of Charles de Gaulle, also known as "star-shaped square." It was originally used to celebrate Napoleon's victory a symbol of the war, now was a representative of France.



Nearby the Arc De Triomphe was the famous shopping street: Champs-Élysées



The Champs-Élysées was a prestigious avenue in Paris, with its cinemas, cafés, luxury specialty shops and stunning trees. However I was not a crazy shopper and the only famous brand I knew on the street were LV and Boss. (haha I think I need go and update my knowledge le)


LV-Louis Vuitton Headquarter

This was the HQ of LV, accrding to the tour guard said the first piece of all the new design from LV will be sold here.(But I'm not so rich to buy that man haha)




Did Boss sell ice cream? haha



Ya I found another brand I know-Nike.

But how come it became NikeParis, so should we call ours as NikeSingapore? haha



James signature shoes



Haha I had became one of the F1 drivers!



Huge ice cream?

Following day I went to Louvre Museum



The Louvre Museum was the largest national museum of France, the most visited museum in the world, and an historic monument. It was a central landmark of Paris. Everyday there were many Visitors from different part of the world came and visited it. There were 3 famous objects: Mona Lisa, Venus de Milo and Winged Victory of Samothrace


Mona Lisa


Mona Lisa was painted in oil on a poplar panel by Leonardo da Vinci during the Italian Renaissance. And it was a most famous drawing in this museum. The painting lies in the strange to see her you will look different, maybe sometimes you will see her smiling at you, but sometimes you think she will glower at you. So what do you see?



Did you see that, so many visitors were scrambling to see the painting.


Venus de Milo

Venus de Milo was an ancient Greek statue and one of the most famous works of ancient Greek sculpture



Winged Victory of Samothrace



Winged Victory of Samothrace, also called the Nike of Samothrace, it was a third century B.C. marble sculpture of the Greek goddess Nike (Victory).

Of course the museum had many other nice paintings and statues.









Outside of the Louvre Museum, there was a glass pyramid. Did it looks like something at our school? (You can take a look at the place above the canteen 2)

Back to my project side, some of my teammates came back from their holidays and they started work on the mechanical parts of the car. For me, I help Matthias did some drawing for the motor coil winding for a Belgium solar car team. We had helped each other in the paroject. So I help Matthias do the drawing and email back to them. Like what they said the competition was not only about the result, another important thing was to get more friends and help each other while you need help.

Ya our new team shirt was ready, unfortunately we were not going the competition with the team so we couldn’t get the shirt. However we had get the old team shirt as our souvenir. I hope I can wear the shirt for my final presentation.It looks nice man!



New team shirt with everyone’s signatures

Besides that I was still doing my final report, the headache task. And the bad news was that the presentation was shift to 18 of Aug and I will be back at 17 night, that means I must get everything ready before I flying back. That was a big task for me to finish within the rest of the days.加油!I can do that!



Ya one more week I will be at Singapore, so I had gone to the forest again. I could still remember when I first time walk through the forest was few months ago when I was just came. Now it will be my last time walk through the forest, OMG I will miss it.



Have a nice weekend! K

Have a nice weekend! Everybody!

Meanwhile the coming Sunday is Singapore national day, so I wish Singapore "Happy Birthday"!



No comments: