2009-07-30

Week 16 at Bochum

Week 16, many of my friend had already finish their project in Singapore and started to write their final report. Singapore I’m coming back soon!

As usual let me show my life at Bochum with you first.

Last weekend I had gone Cologne, which was Germany's fourth-largest city (after Berlin, Hamburg and Munich).


Cologne Hbf

This was my second time came Cologne Hbf, I remembered the last time I came was 2 months ago when I went Bonn. This time I had time to walk around the Hbf, it was a big Hbf and had few floors of shops.


When you were at Cologne, the most important thing was to visit the Cologne church, which was the city's famous landmark and unofficial symbol


The church was the biggest church in Germany, although I had been to the biggest church at Vatican, but the Cologne church stil gave me some different feeling. I could say it had its own characteristic.



Inside the church



Place for people to pray



There were many paintings on the walls of the church, they showed the stories of the God



Place to preach

After that I had climb up the church tower, but that was the most difficult parts for me. The tower was 157 height, however there was no lift to go up, so I had walked by the traditional winding stairs.



OMG I spend more than 10mins to reach the top of the tower. That was tired for me! (I thinkl I was become older le)


But after the long time climbing I get some nice over view of the whole city, I think it was some reward for me.




Nearby the church there was a famous bridge-Hohenzollernbrücke. It was a bridge crossed the Rhine river and used for rail and pedestrian traffic. It also was the most heavily used railway bridge in Germany, for every 2 mins there will be a train pass by it.



I had walked on the bridge and found some interest thing.



Haha there were many padlocks on one side of the bridge, on all the padlocks were the couples’ names. I guessed it was for those couples to show their love to each other. Haha it looks cool man!

Then I had visited Imhoff-Stollwerck Museum, it was a chocolate museum.



This museum showed the history of the chocolate and also the manufacturing process of the chocolate, so I had went a chocolate lesson. The museum showed me how the chocolate made from coca to the real chocolate.



Machine used to manufacturing the chocolate

Besides that, there was also a small chocolate gallery to show public.



Chocolate earring



Chocolate mobile phone(made by Nokia)



Chocolate tool box



Chocolate CD




The Cologne’s street was also very brilliant.


Rock climbing



Roller-skating



Balloon



Performance


No wonder Cologne was the major cultural center of the Rhineland.



The famous 4711 clogne

Back to my project side, there was a relax week for me. Similar to last week, there were only few people in the solar room.Many of my teammates were in their vacation after their exam, and they will be back in next week to continue the project. Therefore I did some logistic staff this week. At Monday there were some lecturers from China to our university for visiting and sharing the teaching experience. Then I had brought them to the work shop and present the new solar car to them.



At Wednesday I had help to clean the project room and work shop for the visitors from MOE.


Look, after we cleaned, the place become so neat! Haha


This was something cool. In Europe, when you purchased the drink you had to pay the deposit for the bottle. Then after you finish the drink, you could get back the deposit from the shop or the bottle recycle machine. This was a great idea to keep our environment well as people won’t throw the bottles anywhere. I think Singapore and China should do this to protect our environment.

Meanwhile I had get some staffs from Mathias, as he wanted Alex and I do some research for the optical sensor for him to make the comparing with the hall sensor. So we are still doing the research now.

For the report part, I had started to write out the roughly structure. I think that’s still a long way for me to finish it. Jiayou加油


Another logistic thing I had one was to help the team to restore the drinks.



This was something cool. In Europe, when you purchased the drink you had to pay the deposit for the bottle. Then after you finish the drink, you could get back the deposit from the shop or the bottle recycle machine. This was a great idea to keep our environment well as people won’t throw the bottles anywhere. I think Singapore and China should do this to protect our environment.

Meanwhile I had get some staffs from Mathias, as he wanted Alex and I do some research for the optical sensor for him to make the comparing with the hall sensor. So we are still doing the research now.

For the report part, I had started to write out the roughly structure. I think that’s still a long way for me to finish it. Jiayou加油



Best view to see the Cologne church

I will be going Paris on coming weekend, it will be my last trip in Europe.

Hope everyone have a nice weekend! Make some rest for yourself!

Paris I’m coming!



No comments: