2009-07-09

Week 13 at Bochum

Life at Bochum:

Conclusion for this week was “terrible”.


Like what you have see, my computer broken down again. The most unlucky thing was I had nearly finished the second bio-monthly report, but it was saved in my C drive. Therefore after I reformatted the computer, I had lost all the data and I had to re-write the report.OMG! So my weekend became as boring as I had working hard on the report to finish asap.



Computer+information+report=my weekend

Haha such different weekend for me.

Another terrible thing was the weather. This week’s weather was so “wonderful”. The temperature went up to 30 degree Celsius, it was almost similar to Singapore’s weather.Hot!!!! However the most terrible part was that it stared rain half way together with the sun.


After the sun rain, the air became more hot and stuffy. Like what Nico said “this was abnormal summer in Germany!” YA that were abnormal, I had experienced the abnormal weather in Germany.

However I had done something great at this week. I had played basketball with those Negro.


I had met they at the basketball court which nearby my flat. They were from Cameroon and had been stayed here for more than 4years. I had told myself I have to play basketball with those Negro once I came to Germany, so I had realized my wish.



That was great to play with them as they had strong body and good dribbling skills. I should say they played street basketball style which was my faves.

P.S:haha I should trained my body to their size.

For school side, I had tried something new this week at school mensa.


It was soup with minced meat and some vegetables, plus some special sauce. I liked it as it tasted a bit spicy.

Back to my dinner I had fried chicken steak and French fries.



Haha because of my careless, one side of the chicken steak was scorch. See it shows this week was the terrible week for me.



Study at Bochum:

Although this week was terrible, but I had get some good news from my project.



Look, our new solar car-BO cruiser was almost done.

I felt so good to see the new car, as I still can remember when I was just come there was nothing about the new car. I should said that was the great to see the result after you work for so long time on the project, finally I had saw the result/product.

For both cars’ information:

The old car SW NO.1 had changed all the old parts like the batteries and etc, only the opening system was not ready, others were all ready for testing.

For the new car BO cruiser, as what you had see, the mechanical part left the wheel box was not fixed, then the electrical part they will do it after the car test.

Maybe you are curious why I had post the report so early for this week. That was the reason because both cars were ready for test. Therefore we are going for car testing from Thursday to Sunday.

Beside that I had did some small tasks:

I had helped to fix the hall sensors in the new motor.


I was making adaptor for the hall sensors.



Hall sensors

And Alex and I had made the adaptor for the SW NO.1 opening system. I had used aluminum plate for the adaptor parts. So I had made the correct size of the aluminum plate follow by drilled holes to connect it on to the car.



Marking the point



Drilled the holes

Then we had sanded the surfaces of the plate and surface of the car to get a rough surface, so it will be easier for gluing.



Sanding



We used resin mix with glass balloon and hardener as the special “glue”.



Adapt on to the car



Ya the motor test bench was done. Finally we had finished it.


This week was also the roll out of our new car to the public.


There were many people came for the roll out presentation on Wednesday.



Showing the new car to public

Our team had made this presentation to school, sponsors, parents and even those competitor from other team.



Mathilas was showing our new motor system to the Belgium solar car team.

Ya that were end of my week 13, it was a short week for me.



Our whole team was busy at this week, as some were finishing the last stage, some were preparing the roll out presentation, some even preparing the exam.

We will ship out the cars by 15th July, so I think we will keep on busy till that.

Jia You! We can do that.

I am going for car test tomorrow and come back at Sunday. Hope you guys have a nice weekend!

Always remember enjoy what you are doing, don’t blame anything. Life was a challenge!



No comments: