2009-07-05

Week 12 at Bochum

Life at Bochum:


6 more weeks left, 16th Aug is coming soon. Here we go!




This week was the hottest week since I came, the average temperature was 28 degree and it was almost similar to Singapore’s weather. OMG too hot! Can you imagine that I was living in this kind of weather without any fan and air-con. Oh NO!




Bochum Total

There was a festival for Bochum at this week, it called “Bochum Total”. (Actually I also didn’t know what the festival was for)




The festival was hosted at the place which near by the Bochum main station, it was more like a carnival. It had games, food, drinks and performances. According to my friend Cris said German people were just like this kind of gathering to have fun and enjoyed.



This was one of the games call “climb for the price”. Basically you had to climb to the top and touched the money, after that you could get 70€ rewards. However the ladder was unbalance, therefore it was not so easy to climb up, and some people couldn’t even climbed 1 step. (I think that was not easy to climb, that’s why the owner will give 70€ rewards)




There were many foot store sold delicious local German food.



Of course how could the carnival short of beer, there were a lot of beer store in the street.





However the rain was suddenly came, so we had party inside the rain.


I had experience how crazy German people were, but that was fun and cool to have party inside the rain.


Besides that I saw some cool street boys’ performing.

“YoYo come on man! Wat’s up man!”


After 3 months, I felt a bit boring for our school mensa(canteen) food, as it was always vegetable with some meat or fish. I started to miss Singapore food, chicken rice, Hok-kien mee and etc.


My Lunch



Wa such a big battery!


Study at Bochum:


Come back to my project part, our new solar car was almost done. Our deadline for shipping out the cars is 15th July, therefore the whole team was rushing to finish the last stage. For electrical team, they had finish putting on the new solar cells, they will put all MTTPs, the small controller and wiring at next week. For mechanical team they had finish laminated all the staffs, meanwhile the car suspension, wheels were all mounted. So they will combine the whole car together at next week, and finish the opening mechanical system. Lastly for the strategic team, they had finish all the research about the race in Austral, prepared all the logistic things.



Mechanical team was testing the car.


For the old car, we had finished the cleaning and had made a car cover holder for the car cover.


The new cars cover for the car to charge sun energy at the optimal position.


For me this week I helped to grind the wheel box cover. (I really had done a lot of grinding, OMG I think I should go and join ME)



A new way to hold the grinding machine. Was it cool?



Meanwhile Alex and I were modifying the new motor testing bench. We made the connecter between the motor and bench.. As this was our task, therefore I need to find all the materials and machine use by myself. That was good for me as I had learnt how to manage myself to complete the task.


I found the unused steel and aluminum to make our connecter.



After that I had cut the steel in to the correct shape, which was not easy as the steel was very hard. So I used a powerful steel cutter.



Did you saw the spark? Haha


Tell you some bad thing, we had accidently spoilt a small part of the cutter, so we need to go and find a new one to replace it. Sad!


BOSCH PWS 650


Then I had drilled the holes on the steel for the screw to connect to the bench.


The drilling machine reminds me of what I had learnt in year1. Haha I had applied my learning theory into my real life. That was cool!


I also need to made the screw strip on the holes, so I had to used the another tools.(I forget what does it call).


Did you know how to use it? I had learnt how to use it after I asked my master-Chriostfo.



This looks like year 1 practical lesson. Haha



Connecter for NGM motor



Connecter for Lobber motor


Another task given to me was to measure the thermostat.


Alex and I had to measure the thermostat at different temperatures, then we had to record down.


Lastly I had done some logistic work, I helped to count the number of mess kits. I remembered the last time I did the logistic work was 3 years ago during my NPCC time. Haha time was passing so fast.



Wa this was end of my this week, a short and busy week. Last week was the “problem week” for me, and then I think this week will be the “busy week” for me. I have to work on my weekend to finish my weekly report and my second bio-monthly report. I think I was really unlucky for these few weeks as my bio-monthly report was done half way, but the file suddenly corrupt, so I need to redo everything again. OMG. Please help me! The only good news was my internet is alright now. Ya hope everyone have a nice weekend, I need to rush for my report overnight.55555555


See you next week. Enjoy reading

6 weeks more………..


No comments: