2009-07-26

Week 15 at Bochum Part2

Second station- Berlin

Berlin was the capital city of Germany. With a population of 3.4 million within its city limits, Berlin was Germany's largest city. Before 1989 which Berlin wall falls down, the city was divided into East Berlin and West Berlin.


First the most important thing was the Brandenburg Gate.

Brandenburg Gate was a former city gate and one of the main symbols of Berlin and Germany. It was located west of the city center at the intersection of Unter den Linden and Ebertstraße, immediately west of the Pariser Platz. It is the only remaining gate of a series through which one formerly entered Berlin.



Second important thing was the Berlin wall

The Berlin Wall was a physical barrier completely encircling West Berlin, separating it from the G East Germany, including East Berlin. It was the longer inner German border demarcated the border between East and West Germany.




Side view of the wall




As you could see, after 1989 which Berlin wall falls down, it had become a gallery now to show all the history.




Bundestag


The Bundestag was the parliament of Germany




It was really a famous tourist attractions, I had to to line up for 1 hours.



At the top of Bundestag




Could you find me?haha



Berlin Cathedral was the biggest church in Berlin


I also went to Olympia stadium, which was the place host the final match of World Cup 2006-France VS Italy.



Berlin Hbf - main station


Some other photo:


Museum







French church



Berlin was the city of art, I could felt the art atmosphere everywhere, even in the street.



Another thing I found in Berlin was there were many Asia restaurants. One of the famous foods was called “Asia Box”.

It actually was fried noodle with chicken, tasted quit nice.



After we back we had went Armin’s home for a vegetarian dinner


Haha it was vegetarian spaghetti


Study at Bochum:

Coming back to my project side, the container was finally shipping to Australia at Wednesday. I had said bye to it as I won’t see it anymore.



Without the container

After we back from the trip we went back to the project room, I found the whole project room was very empty and quiet. It was first time I experienced the quiet project room. As most of our team mates were having exams at this week, so they had to study. The whole team left Armin, Mathias, Alex and I.

However I had got some task from Armin and Mathias.

My first task was to build an adaptor for motor test bench which test in the factory. After get the information from Armin, I had started with paper design. Then I had let Him to check, follow by drew in “Solid Works”.



My paper design

Final design


Another tasks was to build a cage for test bench as for safety reason. Therefore I stared to measure the dimension of the bench. Then designed it on paper follow by drew it in “Solid Works”. So the whole week I had deal with “Solid Works”.


Measured the dimension of bench


Meanwhile I had saw something new-laser cutting


First entred data to macine



The machine cutted the work piece by laser



Final product


This week was a “office work” week for me , as I had work most of time infornt of my computer with “Solid Works”. But I think that was a good chance for me to learn a new software.

Next week most of my team mates wil be back to the project and they will start to finish the new car. So let’s work together man!

Tomorrow I will go to Köln to see the famous Köln church, I think it was a good rest after long time work.haha hope everyone have a nice weekend! See you next week



Enjoy!Bye!



No comments: