2009-07-26

Week 15 at Bochum Part1

Life at Bochum:


It was mid of July, my German teammates started their exam, and therefore I had free time to travel around the Germany.

My trip was started from Bochum-Leipzig-Berlin-Bochum


Here we go!



My luggage


My first station was Leipzig, it was at east of Germany and it also was Armin’s hometown. So he had become our tour guide. We went there by 5 hours car.


It was great to drink cold beer while you had sat for long time journey.



Leipzig was the largest city in the federal state of Saxony.





Leipzig’s street, it really looks like a very old town.



We had our dinner at the famous pub street, my dinner was wurst, bread with beer.

P.S: I had drink 1L beer in the car and 0.5L beer for my dinner



The host-Armin and his girlfriend

P.S: I had to say thanks to them as they spent time to bring us to walk aroud the Leipzig

Altes Rathaus


It was the old city hall which built in 1556 and houses a museum of the city's history



Let’s take a group photo!YA


Haha the funny thing was happen, I had ask a girl to help us took a group photo, but after took the group she said I had took a photo with her. Haha the East German girl was so friendly.



Photo with East Germany girls

After that Armin was bringing us to a famous clubbing-night café.



As we came too early (around 11pm), was nobody at the dance floor. However I think that was a great thing for me as I had see how the dance floor filled up with all the people.

After 45min, the dance floor was become noisy, more and more people were coming.Party time was started.



Hip-Hop area



Heavy metal area


That was a great experience for me, even though I did know dance well. I had enjoyed it.

Our hostel was Armin’s house, it was a typical east Germany style home with own garden. It located at countryside.



I like the garden as it made the whole environment fresh and clean. I like to sit there and listen music or read something. I think that was a kind of enjoy life.




At the following day I had visited Völkerschlachtdenkmal.


The Völkerschlachtdenkmal means monument to the Battle of the Peoples. It was a monument in Leipzig, to commemorate the battle of Leipzig of 1813, also known as the battle of the nations.

Now let’s had an overview of the whole city






This was the cocktail I drank in an Irish pub at Leipzig.

Haha btw let me show you 1 different thing I found in East Germany. That was the traffic light.



Did you see the different? I will tell you the answer next week oh!




No comments: