2009-07-15

Week 14 at Bochum Part2

We started the car test at second day. The test was on the army airport which had 4km length.



Before the test, Cris had to check all the parts and make sure they were all ready.



After everything were ready, the driver was sat inside the car, we had close the cover.



This car was used to follow the solar car test, which was used to collect data and given instructions. Did it look like Hong Kong CID car? Haha



We started our car test



The chase was for us to measure and collect data while the solar car was runing



Solar World was runing



BO cruiser was runing

I was so lucky as I had chance to drive the Solar World No.1.



After Armin taught me, I had drove the solar car for more than 10km. It was a great experience for drove the car. Even though it was just a electrical car, but I had drove it up till 100km/h. It was really cool as it ran as a normal car on the road. The only difficult parts were the turning and viewing. For turing part it had only 3 wheels, so I had to be careful when I was made any turning as I had to balance it at the same time. Then for the viewing part, the car only had 3 small windows, I couldn’t see anything from side.(that’s the reason they need had a car to follow to give instructions). I think that was the 2 main reasons they built the new solar car-BO cruiser, as the new car had 4 wheels and bigger windows, more like a normal car. However it was a nice experience.

Besides that I had done some other tasks at the 4 days there.



I had help to solder the solar cells together.



Help clean the solar cells and made the marking. Meanwhile the new car was used the silicon solar cells, which was much more cheaper.



Helped to adjust the suspension

Of course we were not only working there, we also had fun there.



Playing Frisbee



New technology-wind energy to play the skateboard



Playing musical instrument (I don’t know what is that call)



Having BBQ at last night to reward everyone

After we test the car, we had back to Bochum and packed al the tools and things into the container to prepare for shipping to Australia.



All the staffs



Container was been clean

The good news was that we had found a cheap fly for flying the new car- BO cruiser. The BO cruiser was not complete done, so if we fly the car we will have few more weeks to complete it. Meanwhile all the other staffs and Solar World NO.1 will be shipping out by this Friday.



“Ya we will see it.”

It was Armin’s pet phrase.

Ya I think that’s all for my week 14.

After non-stopping work for one and half week, I will take a break to follow Armin to his hometown- Leipzig, which was at east if Germany, after that I will travel to Berlin myself. So I think it will be a great trip for me. Hope everyone work hard and enjoy well in weekend. See you next week!



No comments: