2009-05-22

Week 6 at Bochum

Life at Bochum:


Here we go!


This was a short week for me. At the weekend I went to watch a live soccer match. That was my first time watch live soccer from a stadium.



Match ticket-Bochum VS Frankfurt.



At Germany I experienced the real soccer fans. We took the subway (train) to the stadium, but there were so many soccer fans take the subway. At the end I had waited for a very long time and get on the third subway. It was my first time I couldn’t get on the subway, that shows how Germans had loved soccer.



Rewirpower Station-it was Vfl Bochum (Bochum soccer team)’s home field. Cris told me that Rewirpower was the main sponsor for the stadium, so they named the stadium “Rewirpower Station”.



Haha don’t worry, this was just normal body checks before you enter the stadium. For safety reason, they won’t allow you bring ant glass bottles or weapons to the stadium.



Let’s took a photo in the stadium.



Cris told me that “beer+soccer=wonderful”.

Let’s cheers for Vfl Bochum.



Cris told me that “beer+soccer=wonderful”.

Let’s cheers for Vfl Bochum.



Players started to warm up.



Both teams entered the soccer field.



Ya! Match started. Let me be the match reporter, the team with blue t-shirt was home team-Vfl Bochum, meanwhile the team with white t-shirt was Eintracht Frankfurt. (and this match was very important for Vfl Bocum to retain in the first league, actually I also didn’t knew these team well, I was Chelsea fan and watch EPL)



After 90 minutes in battle, the score was 2:0. Vfl Bochum won the match. The 2 perfect goals fried up atmosphere, the Bochum fans were enjoy the victory.



As you could see from the table, after they won this match they were safe. Therefore they could retain in German Bundesliga.

Another side Chelsea was out of the Champion League, which was sad news for me. I believed they will get the champion next season.



Go Chelsea!



Since I stayed in Bochum, I should support Vfl Bochum too.

Go Vfl Bochum!

Meanwhile I had went to Niko(one of my teammates)’s birthday, more like a gathering.


This was cooked by Niko’s mother, she was a very friendly German lady and like to cooking. I think it was the traditional German meal.



As you all knew that Germans like soccer, so we had play table soccer after our meal. (I don’t know the correct name of this game). This was my partner.



Haha how could a gathering without drinks? We finished all the drinks on the table like beer, Bacardi etc. (but I only drink half cup of alcohol, because I’m still a boy haha)



Let’s took a group photo.

Ya party time!

My friend came and visits me at Thursday which was a public holiday, I cook some dishes for our lunch.


curry chicken + scrambled eggs + vegetable

Study at Bochum:


This was our task board, all the task, the person in charge and other information will be there.

P.S: K did you see that, the pink color K, it made by B.

Our mechanical team had a heavy job, they need to finish all the parts by mid of June. Therefore I did have any special tasks from team chiefs, I was helping them while they laminated.



I helped to making the opening system of the car.

The glue used to connect the parts was a special glue, it was very expensive. One small bottle cost 400€.



This was our end products.



Applied wax on the mold before laminating.



Putting honeycomb.

We had a “Solar World No. 1” presentation on this week at Mr Löbbe’s home.



Haha this was our team jacket (I only can rent it), with our car.



My new jacket- Solar World No.1



Before that we had to load our car into the container. (This was not an easy job.6 team members worked together to move the solar car.)



The presentation was at Mr Löbbe’s home(our new car motor maker), we were presented to his friends and relatives.



There were some reporter interviewed our ex-team chief, Armin.

Demonstrate of our solar car.


I had attended team meeting, but it was boring for me as they all spoke in German. I think that was also the main reason for me felt some kind of lost, as I couldn’t get what they were doing. I hope it will getting better in following weeks.

Ya end of my report.

Tomorrow I will go Bonn, it was a city near Bochum.

Enjoy your weekend! Bye!


No comments: