2009-05-09

Week 4 at Bochum-part 2

Study at Bochum:

Now back to my project part, this week Alex (electrical team leader) and some other team members went to Italy for a show, so I was still doing something under mechanical team. I continued the making of measuring box for sensor between motor and motor controller.(which Armin asked me to make it asap)



I was making the casing.



This was inside the measuring box. I made a big mistake as the input and output were 8 pins connecter, and the pin numbers in input and output were opposite to each other. Unfortunately I connected in the same direction, so at the end no signals were detected. I redo the whole circuit.



This was the final product. The holes were used to detect and measure the signals.

The measuring box was using to measure the temperature sensors and hall sensors in between motor and motor controller. So Armin will use it to testing the two types of motors.

And this week I did the lamination of some parts of new car.

The different between this time and the previous one was the mid-layer of the structure. This time we were making some supporting carriage for cover part, so we will do some screwing on the carriage. So Stephen decided used honeycomb instead of foam. (More details in my final report)



We need to apply the microballon to fill up the holes around the honeycomb.



After that we did the same way to put carbon fiber layer by layer in different directions to form a typical “sandwich structure”.



At the end vacuum the whole structure.



It looks very easy, but it took us whole day to finish it.

At another hand I had get the task from Mathias to measure the magnetic force of the two motor coils. (As they were comparing the different between 2 types of motors)



I used the machine to measure and record down the readings, and then I will draw out the graphs (by solid works).



All the measuring dates.

They spend few days doing motor testing. (Alex was doing that, so he knew that)



The other thing I had done was to polish the new car’s mold。



The new car’s mold was made by factory’s machine, so we need to polish those small parts, like windows, spot lamp. After that we can fix all the windows and lamps. So I took one afternoon to finish that.



Before I polish it, you can see the marking.



After I polished it.

As the mechanical team ran out of time, I went back project room to continue helping them at Sat.

This was what I did on Sat.






I saw out the supporting frame for car’s cover and polished it, after that I drill holes for it to attach the cover.



When Kevin and me try to solve the problem to moving the car mold.



This was our car’s batteries, it was sponsor by VRI company. The whole car took about 1000 plus batteries.



This was what we will eat if we work OT.(it only cost 1€)



Haha 2 German guys were acting star-wars.



This was Chris’s dog-Phonex. It was also our project team’s dog, as it knows everyone.

That was my fourth week in Bochum, although sometimes I had communicate problem with them (may be was because my English not good), but I can feel that they were try their best to communicate with me and I was really enjoy to work with them.

Ya my Sat was gone, so I will go sleep whole Sunday to “recharge”.

Have a nice weekend! See you next week.


No comments: