2009-05-16

Week 5 at Bochum-part 1

Life at Bochum:

Oh Look at the title, this was my fifth week at Bochum, time passed so fast. This week I didn’t travel as first that was not cheap to keep on travel to other country, secondly I was went back to help mechanical team on Sat

However I went Gruga Park in Essen with one friend who I knew her from Switzerland trip.


Gruga Park was a big nature park in Essen, it located in the south part of Essen. It was a nice place for normal German family to come had funs.



Did you see the little girl? Haha she was so cute

In the park, I saw a lot of German brought their chair or rug to sit or sleep on the lawn. For them family was the most important thing in their life, so ever week they will spend some times with their families.



Hey don’t misunderstood, I was not bully the little boy. The boy was tried to teach me how to play this game, but unfortunately he spoke German…….



This shows how creative Germany people were, their way to play the table tennis.



Giant International Chess



Played on a swing was so fun for me, but it looks like too small for me.

K you remember the swing at the church. haha



I was playing sliding board in the children’s area.

Gruga Park was a nice place, in the park I saw how Germans enjoy with their family in weekend, and at same time I had played a lot of thing which I had play when I was still a little boy. This brought me back my early childhood’s memories.



Before I leaved, we took a photo at the exit.



This was my lunch-döner and it was a Turkey food, but it was very famous in Germany. From what my friend told me a lot of Germans like this food. Do you want to try it?

At Thursday afternoon, I went a BBQ for whole solar car team. This was my first time experienced BBQ in Germany. That’s good.



This was Mathias, the objective of this BBQ was to celebrate he graduated from the university and hire by the university. Look he was so happy.

Second objective was that our solar car project was changing whole team chief, as Armin will going to England for internship in Sep, so he passed his roles to new team chief.



I was with a group of mechanical team mates. Let cheers for BBQ.

From left to right: Don’t know (haha), Cris, Michael, Alex, Philp, Niko and me

Now let me show you 2 types of Germans:

First Beer lover



Second Food lover




Photo with Carola.

This beauty-Carola was the only girl in our solar car team, and work in electrical team.



These was Nikals and Niko, they helped me a lot in mechanical part. Btw This Sat is Niko’s birthday, so Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag Niko!



After BBQ, we took a whole team photo….Ya………

Did you still remember at week 1 I went Michael’s home for dinner? Now was my turn to cook something for them.


2 dish a soup

Did it look delicious? It all cooks by chief Bin



ast time I was having German style dinner, now it was my turn to show them some of Chinese food. And they all like the food.


This was what I saw when I back from school. It was Street Art. That was cool.



Let me intro my new buddy- skateboard, I bought it from Bochum Hbf. I will use it as the new method to school. My target was to learn control well in the next 3 months time.

PS:I don’t know why I suddenly fall love with the skateboard.


No comments: