2009-05-04

Week 3 at Bochum-part 1

Life at Bochum:

Yo yo my report time again, haha this week I was a nice week for me, as I went to my first tour in Europe(that’s because the Germany students had their exam at July so all the tour group were at May and June).Hope you will enjoy my report!

Life at Bochum:

I went to 3 places with the tour group (as it was cheaper): Luxembourg (pink color part), Brussels (green color part) and Amsterdam (orange color part).




First station Luxembourg.

Luxembourg was a small landlocked country in Western Europe.



Is Luxembourg’s flag similar to Netherland’s?

Haha this was Earls Court, do you know how many people stay in this castle?



Let me tell you there were only earl’s family members live there, so the whole building only had 6 people. Haha jealousy right? me too



At top of a building, I knew the guy from the tour



At Luxembourg's street.It looks like old school style.


I went to the shop to buy postcard for K



Haha I was day-dreaming on the street. Was I looking at sexy girls?haha just joking

I went to the grand canyon.(you know I walk 1000steps to reach there, but it looks like a park)




This was the largest church in Luxembourg-----Luxembourg Cathedral. Luxembourg people will go there for pray every week or at public holidays, they believe that God will protect them. Unfortunately I went for the wrong timing and didn’t see that.



Outside the church.

Second station Brussels.


Brussels was the capital of Belgium and the administrative centre of the European Union.



This was Atomium, it build for the World's Fair in 1958. It represents an iron molecule.



This was Grands Palais, which besides Atomium. It displayed all the outstanding awards which Belgian won.




Was it looks like Shanghai?

I went to Grand Place which was the central market square of Brussels. It was surrounded by guild houses, the city's Town Hall, and the Bread House. The Grand Place also was the heart of the Old Town. The flower market was held in this magnificent setting every Sunday morning.





I hope this was my house.haha

This was the coffee shop where Marxism and his partner wrote On Capital (Ⅲ).



Brussels people told me that if you touch the whole body of this statue, it will bring you happiness and let you find your Mr. Right/Mrs. Right. haha K did you hear that?





Brussels people told me that if you touch the whole body of this statue, it will bring you happiness and let you find your Mr. Right/Mrs. Right. haha K did you hear that?



The European Union Council is the place where most important decisions will be made for the future of Europe.



I was at Cinquantenaire



I found some special design of converse shoe in Brussels, unfortunately the shop was close at weekend. So sad……

Postbox, it was the most difficult thing to found. I spend half hours to search for it.







This was my dinner in Brussels. It was the new burger call chicken bacon onion burger and coste me 9€.Expensive meal.





Third station Amsterdam.


I went to Keukenhof,it was the largest sculpture garden in Netherlands and it had millions of blooming flower bulbs and fantastic flower shows.

These were some flowers:



pink tulip


flower carpet




After raining


Enjoy to flower world


It was nice to enjoy in the world of flower.

The flower road behind me.

Do you know what is Netherland’s national flower?

Let me tell you, it’s tulip.



This was a big windmill, signboard

of Netherland .At first windmill was built to drain water away from wetland, after few years, it became machine for industrial purpose used like flour milling, steam engines.Inside the windmill,

I saw that many components were made of wood, but they still works today.That’s a miracle. This shows how creative the Netherlander was!厉害



This was wooden shoes another signboard of Netherland.

large wooden shoes



The capital of Holland, Amsterdam. This was the Amsterdam train station.

It was the most beautiful train station in Europe.



Amsterdam was another “Venice” in the North Europe, and it had many canals all over the city.

So the best way to see this city was took a tourist boat.

When I was on the boat.




As you can see that there always a lot of church and castle in the Europe countries.




Haha ya Dutch like to enjoy their life, they even move their home onto the boat.

Amsterdam was famous in its sex and drug culture. Of course I won’t miss it.I had went to red-light district.Due to some rules there I couldn’t take photo there.

I also went to Heineken Beer factory, nice beer..prost







This was the famous place in red-light district.(don’t misunderstand that guy was not me)



This was a shop in Amsterdam, as you can see they sold a lot of orange staffs.That wa because the orange represent Netherland.

haha Dragon I think you will like here.

P.S: ya maybe you all curious about that why I go out so fast, the reason was because that German students have their exams at July and Aug, so I need go before that.

No comments: